We at DuoMax Hygiene, the manufacturers of DuoMax can confirm that DuoMax has successfully passed test BS EN 14476 (2005) – Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics – Virucidal quantitative suspension test for chemical disinfects against Ebola Virus.
The test that was carried out at an independent UKAS accredited facility by one of the worlds leading virologist, demonstrates that DuoMax possesses significant virucidal activity against Ebola Virus.
DuoMax Hygiene are committed to continue to innovate, produce and promote the use of environmentally friendly products to make and keep our planet in good health.
- Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans.
- The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission.
- The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
- The first EVD outbreaks occurred in remote villages in Central Africa, near tropical rainforests, but the most recent outbreak in west Africa has involved major urban as well as rural areas.
- Community engagement is key to successfully controlling outbreaks. Good outbreak control relies on applying a package of interventions, namely case management, surveillance and contact tracing, a good laboratory service, safe burials and social mobilisation.
- Early supportive care with rehydration, symptomatic treatment improves survival. There is as yet no licensed treatment proven to neutralise the virus but a range of blood, immunological and drug therapies are under development.
- There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential candidates are undergoing evaluation.
We are working with Project Hope UK, who are in partnership to GlaxoSmithKline. We have all jointly made it possible for DuoMax to send 20 Tons of concentrate solution, to be diluted into 100,000 liters of sanitising land spray.
After being tested and accredited by BluTest Labourites, we didn’t want to just claim that we had the ability… We wanted to prove it!
DuoMax uses unique and ground breaking technology to kill pathogens.
On contact, DuoMax pierces the outer membrane of the pathogen and dismantles and destroys the DNA and RNA which eliminates the risk of pathogens developing resistance to the product. Alcohol only denatures the external membrane protein which does not kill the pathogen but only temporarily disables them, allowing it to regenerate with increased strength.
By removing the protein, DuoMax not only kills the bacteria, but any odour will also be removed.